Enroll by filling out this intake form or by calling 832-817-1354 to set up an appointment:
Six Complicating Workforce Trends
- Skills are becoming obsolete more quickly; requires routine on-the-job upskilling and reskilling of existing workforce
- Pace of change and economic uncertainty can make it difficult to solve talent shortages through traditional education system (demand changes, while ‘flow’ in education pipeline)
- Digitization affecting all jobs – creating new ones, augmenting certain roles, and automating others –increasing requirement for digital skills across industries and functions for middle-skill careers
- Increase in middle-skill jobs requiring soft skills/non-cognitive skills, lending themselves to cross-industry collaboration on this common pain point
- Increase in traditionally middle-skill jobs with inflated degree requirements, making positions harder to fill, at a pay premium and with higher likely turnover
- Workforce demographics are changing; younger workers have different expectations of the work experience and atmosphere
Help WorkTexas staff classes, and supply trade equipment and materials as we help our students become workforce ready.
Subscribe and get the latest
news & events from WorkTexas.